Food Addiction Rehab & Treatment
At Lumion, our mission is to offer hope and lasting relief to those who are suffering from food addiction and all types of behavioral addictions.
Binge eating, bulimia, anorexia, eating in secret, and other food related behavioral issues are all symptoms of the general category of food addiction. Such eating disorders are a potential problem for everyone, crossing all social and economic boundaries and groups, including all races, ages, and gender.
Eating disorders can have a profound effect on your physical and mental health. For example:
- Binge Eating – can lead to a wide variety of health issues, such as: high cholesterol, obesity, and poor heart health.
- Bulimia – a serious eating disorder marked by binging, followed by methods to avoid weight gain, can lead to depression and self-induced vomiting, purging, or fasting.
- Anorexia – characterized by a distorted body image, with an unwarranted fear of being overweight, can lead to depression, below-normal weight through starvation, or too much exercise.
The underlying reasons for eating disorders are almost universally psychological. As a result, failing to address the mental health aspects of any type of food addiction makes it nearly impossible for eating disorder treatments to work.
Food addiction tends to arise from underlying, untreated emotional issues that must be addressed by experienced mental health professionals.
Successful Treatment of Eating Disorders
We have made great strides in the treatment of behavioral addiction, using: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Medications, our TMS affiliate experts work with, existential therapy, spiritual therapy, individual therapy, family/relational therapy.
- Food addictions are usually the result of a mental health disorder that has not received proper attention.
The mental health care professionals and behavioral medicine experts at Lumion employ a variety of therapies and treatment protocols designed to improve impulse control and promote long-term health:
- Neuropsychological Assessment to help diagnose any underlying mental health issues
- Specialty Psychotherapy that addresses mental health issues such as low self-esteem, depression, and anxiety
- Spiritual Therapy that uses meditation, yoga, breathing exercises, and creative visualization to help individuals foster a balanced approach to life
Located in Beverly Hills, California, the doctors and staff at Lumion Center are experts in behavioral therapy and medication management, offering a supportive therapeutic environment and personalized treatment plan for eating disorders that addresses your unique symptoms, as well as any underlying mental health issues that may be contributing to your condition.
Still have questions?
Feel free to call us at: