ADHD Treatments and Therapies
At Lumion, our mission is to offer hope and lasting relief to those who are suffering from ADHD and other mental health conditions.
Often over-diagnosed, and frequently over-medicated, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is the most commonly diagnosed mental health disorder in children. Because the disorder often continues throughout a person’s life, many adults also need effective ADHD treatments. Marked by hyperactivity and an inability to pay attention when ADHD is present and untreated, it can be debilitating in regards to one’s ability to function.
- More than 3 million cases of ADHD are diagnosed each year.
ADHD is a chronic condition that manifests as attention difficulty, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness, which may contribute to low self-esteem, troubled relationships, and difficulty at school or work. ADHD symptoms include limited attention and hyperactivity, yet sufferers may also experience:
- Behavioral Symptoms: aggression, excitability, fidgeting, hyperactivity, impulsivity, irritability, lack of restraint, or persistent repetition of words or actions
- Cognitive Symptoms: absent-mindedness, difficulty focusing, forgetfulness, problem paying attention, or short attention span
- Mood Symptoms: anger, anxiety, boredom, excitement, or mood swings
- Other Symptoms: depression or learning disability
Recognition of the condition is the first step toward treating and managing ADHD.
ADHD is not the result of being “lazy” or “stupid”. It is a serious disorder that requires treatment by well-trained, experienced behavioral health professionals.
ADHD Treatment for Children and Adults
Because ADHD so often presents initially in children, there is a strong belief that it is caused by genetic factors or due to conditions in the womb. While there is research to support this, experience teaches us that a combination of medication and “talk therapy” has been the most successful approach to treating and managing the symptoms of ADHD.
We have made great strides in the management and treatment of of ADHD, using: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Medication Management, our TMS affiliate experts work with, existential therapy, spiritual therapy, individual therapy, family/relational therapy.
- ADHD in Children – ADHD treatment for children tends to be focused on the use of prescription medications, including: stimulants, cognition-enhancing medication, and anti-hypertensive drugs.
- ADHD in Adults – ADHD treatment for adults tends to be focused on the use of behavioral therapy in combination with (usually) stimulant medication.
The behavioral medicine professionals at Lumion will work not only to diminish your symptoms of either ADHD hyperactive type, inattentive type or mixed type, but we also assist you with the personal and relational components of ADHD, like frustration tolerance and anxiety associated with connection with others.
Located in Beverly Hills, California, the doctors and staff at Lumion Center are experts in behavioral therapy and medication management, offering a supportive therapeutic environment and personalized treatment plan for ADHD that addresses your unique symptoms, as well as any underlying mental health issues that may be contributing to your condition.
Still have questions?
Feel free to call us at: