Coping with Stress and Anxiety Disorders
At Lumion, our mission is to offer hope and lasting relief to those who are coping with stress and anxiety disorders, and other mental health conditions.
Feeling anxious and stressed is in many ways an understandable reaction to our high-tech, fast-paced lifestyle today. In fact, anxiety disorders are growing in numbers as more and more people are feeling over-stimulated and over-whelmed.
Anxiety is more than just a sensation of trepidation or uneasiness. As a product of your body’s fight-or-flight response, anxiety can manifest through a wide range of symptoms: emotional and physical.
- Emotional symptoms of anxiety – In addition to the primary symptoms of irrational and excessive fear and worry, other common emotional symptoms include:
- Feelings of apprehension or dread
- Watching for signs of danger and anticipating the worst
- Restlessness, trouble concentrating
- Feeling tense and jumpy or irritable
- Feeling like your mind’s gone blank
Therapeutic options for anxiety disorders have proven highly effective, often in a relatively short amount of time. For example, Cognitive Behavior Therapy and/or Exposure Therapy can be very helpful with issues such as panic attacks, generalized anxiety, and phobias.
Anxiety is more than a sense of dis-ease,
and can manifest a range of physical and emotional symptoms.
When Your Anxiety Becomes Physical
We have made great strides in the management of anxiety disorders, using: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Medication Management, our TMS affiliate experts work with, existential therapy, spiritual therapy, individual therapy, family/relational therapy.
If you’re experiencing a lot of physical anxiety symptoms, consider getting a medical checkup. Your doctor can check to make sure that your anxiety isn’t caused by a medical condition, such as a thyroid problem, hypoglycemia, or asthma.
- Physical symptoms of anxiety – Because of the numerous physical symptoms, anxiety sufferers often mistake their disorder for a medical illness. They may visit many doctors and make numerous trips to the hospital before their anxiety disorder is discovered. Common physical symptoms of anxiety include:
- Pounding heart, sweating
- Headaches, stomach upset, or dizziness
- Frequent urination or diarrhea
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle tension, tremors, and twitches
- Fatigue or insomnia
The behavioral medicine experts at Lumion work with people suffering from stress and anxiety disorders by integrating non-medication stress reduction techniques including: cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, acupuncture, spiritual therapy, creative expression, and individual and group therapy.
Located in Beverly Hills, California, the doctors and staff at Lumion Center are experts in behavioral therapy, exposure therapy, and medication management, offering a supportive therapeutic environment and personalized treatment plan for anxiety disorders that addresses your unique symptoms, as well as any underlying mental health issues that may be contributing to your condition.
Still have questions?
Feel free to call us at: