Bipolar Treatment and Management
At Lumion, our mission is to offer hope and lasting relief to those who are suffering from Bipolar Disorder and other mental health conditions.
First, it must be said that… Bipolar disorder is NOT a character defect. In fact, based on the latest research, a combination of genetics, environment, and altered brain structure and chemistry are all believed to play significant roles in bipolar disorder.
- In Adults – Bipolar disorder affects about 5.7 million American adults, yearly.
- In Children – Some 750,000 American children and teens may suffer from bipolar disorder, although many are not diagnosed.
- Just Moody – People with bipolar are not merely “moody” or “bummed out”, but suffer from severe, long-lasting mood changes.
- Cure – While there is no “Cure” for bipolar disorder, there has been great progress in the treatment and management of bipolar symptoms.
- Treatment – Will usually last your lifetime and often involves a combination of medications and psychotherapy.
Bipolar disorder, also known as manic-depressive illness, is a condition that causes unusual shifts in mood, energy, activity levels, and the ability to carry out day-to-day tasks. Mood swings can be extreme, though depression is far more common than mania among bipolar sufferers. Needless to say, the simplest of tasks can be challenging to a person who suffers such severe changes in their moods.
Bipolar disorder is not a “character flaw”.
It is a serious brain disorder that requires
treatment by well-trained, experienced
mental health professionals.
Managing Your Bipolar Disorder is Possible
We have made great strides in the management of bipolar disorder, using: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Medication Management, our TMS affiliate experts work with, existential therapy, spiritual therapy, individual therapy, family/relational therapy.
Many people with bipolar disorder are well known CEO’s, artists, musicians, writers, and speakers. They can be very successful, because people with bipolar disorder can harness their creative energy and think “outside the box” to develop amazing careers and relationships. But, the disorder must be well managed, with therapy, insight, and often medications.
- Manic Episodes – Manic episodes may include symptoms such as high energy, reduced need for sleep, and loss of touch with reality.
- Depressive Episodes – Depressive episodes may include symptoms such as low energy, low motivation, and loss of interest in daily activities. Mood episodes last days to months at a time and may also be associated with suicidal thoughts.
The behavioral medicine experts at Lumion will help you manage your symptoms of bipolar disorder, while helping you build insight toward your strengths and challenges, enabling you to build a life full of confidence in your abilities. Lumion supports you by providing a combination of individual therapy, existential therapy, creative expression, and medication management.
Located in Beverly Hills, California, the doctors and staff at Lumion Center are experts in behavioral therapy and medication management, offering a supportive therapeutic environment and personalized treatment plan for bipolar disorder that addresses your unique symptoms, as well as any underlying mental health issues that may be contributing to your condition.